View Single Post
Old March 30th, 2009, 11:23 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiara View Post
Often rescues get rid of sick pets to get a quick $$$$ and pass on problems to a new family. Was there an adoption fee and how much was it? Did they give you his veterinary records as proof that he has been to a vet and he has a clean bill of health? Was he tested for heartworm? This rescue should have explained to you what food to buy and if he eats dry food, he should be drinking a lot of water. Do not buy cheap food at a grocery store. I am not sure what dry heaves are, maybe you should take this toy away and get him something washable and see if he still gets dry heaves? He also may have something stuck in his throat. You could also call the rescue and find out if he had dry heaves before you adopted him?
Sorry Kiara but you are passing on damaging information on rescues 'often' getting rid of sick pets to make money. There is NO money in rescue. If a rescue even breaks even then they are lucky. Please do not damn all rescues. Tsk Tsk.

To the OP - get all medical files. Contact this vet if this rescue did not provide you with a health guarantee. This could be the start of kennel cough.

I am editing because I am curious if you contacted the rescue. Please call them and advise them as to what is happening. If they don't know then they cannot further assist.

Last edited by BenMax; March 30th, 2009 at 11:33 AM.