View Single Post
Old May 17th, 2007, 09:06 AM

How do you handle you cat when he/she attacks?!

THIS WAS POSTED ON ANOTHER THREAD... but I'd like to resume the chat here... Before I go on, please know that I understand that 'cat attacks', even vicious ones, are normal for our kitties... though it can be hard on us humans sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love4himies View Post
I had a white cat, Snowball (RIP 1991-2005) who was extremely close to me, still miss him to the point of tears, but I could not trust him. He slept with me EVERY night of his life, but a few times would jump up on the bed while I was sound asleep and viciously attack my arm, causing bleeding. Every once in a while he would do this while we were watching TV, but then I could see the look in his eyes and stop him in the act. Very strange, sometimes I thought he may have Schizophrenia because the look in his eyes was very distinct when he was in this mood.
Awww... Snowball... My Luna can be exactly like that - may I ask you something? How did you stop him when you saw that look? I try to catch Luna before she gets going, and give her a time out in the bathroom to cool down which often works... I'm always open to other ideas too! It's been five years with her and when she's in that mode its really hard to calm her (without 'rewarding' her with attention for undesirable behavior, if you know what I mean.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love4himies View Post
No matter how much he attacked, I loved him dearly and would never think about putting him down. I would not allow anybody to pat him though, especially children.
Agreed, I'm the same with Luna - and we can abandon totally the putting-them-down part of this chat, I don't think ANYONE here would consider it.

I tell everybody that comes into my home that Luna bites and to be vary wary, not to pet her and let her approach and sniff you (though in five years she's only ever gone after two other people, one who spooked her). Its her home too... :love: