View Single Post
Old July 27th, 2010, 03:30 PM
Senior Contributor

I heard about this. Firstly, the dog should be taken into custody as far as I am concerned and the owner of the pit should be slapped with a fine.

The fact that pitties are more inclined to attack other animals is infact higher than other breeds. Let's not try to sugar coat anything here. However, there are many pitties and amstaffs that are wonderful canine citizens because the OWNERS take the responsibility to either #1 - ensure that their dog is well socialized from a young age, #2 - ensure that their dogs are well monitored at all times, #3 - if there is any signs of aggression, they take again necessary procautions to ensure that their dog is well secured and not a threat to others. Another very important thing to state is that the pittie rarely is the instigator in most attacks to other animals. Also important is that these dogs were breed specifically to be highly human friendly for obvious reasons that I do not wish to get into.

All dogs of all breeds can potentially be a danger to animals and citizens. I can tell you that my min pin could very well be classified as one of these breeds. All 5 pounds of her. But - she is small and therefore this aggression is permissable... Not right I fully agree.

This ban is moving it's way quickly throughout this province. The Ontario mentality is sadly infecting this province and it is simply very sad for all breeds in general.