View Single Post
Old July 15th, 2014, 05:14 PM

Kitten - 10 Weeks - Hadn't pooped since Sunday

Good Afternoon,
I am a new cat mommy. I picked up my beautiful calico on Sunday afternoon and brought her home. I introduced her to everything and she has been staying in my room and the spare room (which are connected). I have been feeding her wet food with a little weaning milk (the woman I got her from was feeding her the weaning milk so I didn't want to remove it completely) mixed in (Monday morning, tuesday morning and today when I got home.) I have also added some dry food with the weaning milk mixed in and she has devoured most/all of it for the past two days.

And hasn't pooped. She is still running around - jumping - playing and doesn't seem to be in any pain - purring loudly. But for such a small kitty to eat so much and not poop? So I am naturally concerned - she has had her first round of shots at 7 weeks but should I be extremely concerned she hasn't pooped yet? I am trying to get her in for her first vet appointment tomorrow.

I should mention she has peed four times (three - successfully, in the litter box and once on my bed - oops).

Any advice would be welcome.