View Single Post
Old November 24th, 2017, 06:37 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhynes View Post
I assume you feed the cat commercial products? If that's the case, the only concern with feeding bone would be to check the poop. I feed my dog raw exclusively, I add bone to firm up the poop, if the poop is too hard, then reduce. Just be careful the cat doesn't get bunged up.

Chicken wingettes or tips would be another good source of chewable and edible bone, just remove the skin.
Yep--he's currently on canned food, and I want to make sure I don't get him out of balance. So far, so good. He's pooped twice since he's had the neck and things are looking good (so to speak... ) Eventually, I'd like to get him over to raw, but it's hard to take the plunge. Still researching it, and it seems fairly straightforward, but I hate to mess with a plan that seems to be working, y'know? I lack courage, I guess

I'll have to remember the chicken wings. I like them, too, but I suppose since I love the little dude, I can sacrifice my snack for him! Might be a lot easier to find than necks, which seem to be sort of hard to find around here...

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."