View Single Post
Old April 11th, 2011, 09:25 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

We have lepto and Lyme's endemic to the area, so the Pack get those annually--so many ticks and wildlife here that not to get the vaccinations would be foolhardy. We use topical meds (Frontline and Frontline Plus) for ticks...works pretty well, but isn't 100%, so we still need the Lyme's vaccinations. The Lyme's vaccine seems to work pretty well and if they had one out against anaplasmosis, we'd likely get that one, too.

We don't do kennel cough, though--we did for a long while, but they kept picking up kennel cough while at the vet for tests even when vaccinated. And believe me, there's nothing quite like the sound of 8 dogs all coughing and snorking and gagging at the same time in the middle of the night At any rate, we don't do that one routinely anymore because it doesn't seem to be too effective against the strains of KC we run up against.

Just have the dogs to do, but I wish I had some goats.

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."