View Single Post
Old February 5th, 2015, 07:36 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longblades View Post
It has nothing to do with being neutered or not, sheesh. You'd think any Vet would know those parts work independently of each other. What would your Vet say about my spayed female I wonder, who had the same issue?

You may find some help with higher fibre food but if he is needing expressing twice a week those glands may need to come out. I do know some people who find they must feed food with grain in it to help with this. A weight loss food will probably be quite high in fibre and may help as well, though you may then find it hard to keep weight on him.

Our girl's anal glands became infected. She had them removed and had no further problem. I worried the glands were essential to sort of grease the skids on the way out but our Vet said no and our dog was fine. Your problem is going to be finding a Vet competent to guide you in how to proceed and doing an operation if that is deemed the next move. Good luck.
I am thinking that vet was trying to made a fast buck for himself by saying that the dog need to be neutered . I had vet that was very dishonest that way.
My had had this problem with his anal glands and he is going better on a grain free dog food. He was attacking his near end and I thought he had something wrong with his skin and it was his anal glands that was bugging him.