View Single Post
Old August 30th, 2011, 09:04 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Sugarcatmom - Thank you for taking the time to put all of those sites together. You rock!!!

Backwoodsgal - You have to understand that you joined a PET site. Every pet sites, and there are a lot of them on the web, would have members who react the same way. I don't believe anyone has been "mean". I don't even believe your roommate has been hostile. Perhaps she is very strong in her opinions as to what a true pet is. It does not mean she is hostile. Just very true to her feelings -as you are.

Read the rules of the forum. They may surprise you. Some of them need updated but most hold true. It used to be a forum filled with members with strong beliefs in spaying, neutering, anti back yard breeding and puppy/kitten mills. Now not so much. Believe me, a few months back you would have had a much stronger reaction. I miss those days and the members no longer here.

You say out where you live you don't think about pet populations. I find that very sad. Maybe now is a good time to start a different way of thinking. Do you think allowing cats/dogs in your area to not be neutered and to mate whenever nature dictates does not affect the rest of the country? It does. Let me explain. One male cat is born in your area. As you say - it remains intact, not neutered, and starts roaming. In one night that male cat can impregnate every single female cat that it comes across. Let's say it roams 2 miles. How many unfixed female cats are in that area? 10? 20? More? So each one of those females has an average litter of 2 to 6 kittens. Those kittens grow up and start mating - having the same size of litters - and roaming. Eventually with all the roaming they will reach an area where yes, it does very severely start to affect the rest of the country. Do you know there are quite a few cities where the feral (wild) cat population has gotten so bad they have talked about culling, offering rewards for dead cats brought in, etc? Now is that the way it should be? Not in my world. I will fight to educate people and to make them aware. If I get a bit strong in my wording so be it. I want my point to get across. You can't always do that by pussyfooting around and being nicey nice.

As for people being "sensitive". Some of us walk the walk. We try hard to clean up those messes made by other folks who are irresponsible pet owners. Currently I have over 50 cats under my care. All fixed on my dollar. It was not my plan to ever have that many. That's just the way life turned out and I love it. Maybe now while you are still young is a good time to start researching all of the issues with the over population of dogs and cats and the millions killed each year because there are no homes for them. You never know. You may turn out to be one of those who make a difference in the future. Maybe we can say we had a small part of it...... maybe...

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!