View Single Post
Old August 9th, 2010, 10:36 PM
Blue eyed funny farm

Its true Chico, sad but true.
I have heard of some going for more than $600 000.00 in china, and there was a "breeder' on kijiji in toronto this spring selling "exclusively bred in his compound in Tibet TM's" for upwards of $20 000.00
I emailed him and drilled him about the dogs, acting like Iwas of the elite that would pay that money for a dog. The price quickly sky rocketed to $500 000.00 for one of the best of the best pups he had in Tibet.
Once I blew him out of the water with health testing requirements that were mandatory for what I was looking for to compliment my Karma he immediately stopped talking to me.
When I sent my pup to Hong Kong, the family who purchased him said they loved the breed but the one he had purchased in China had ot be put down at 5 months of age due to crippling hip dysplasia which is why he was looking to import. He is on a neuter contract so no worries there, plus its already been done and his neuter deposit has been returned to him ( recieved proof from vet procedure was completed)
One thing that is good about our stud book being closed right now is that as long as people actually insist on AKC or Can KC registration we will not have any of the health problems that are being produced over there added to our lines.
One breeder has chinese lines in Canada and I hope they do not import anything for a while, they are not registered with either kennel club and are bred here and sold kind of secretly. this worries me, especially when i still had a male pup available here.
I had one woman email me looking for a stud dog for her female, I humored the idea but she could not give me pedigree information on her bitch or even tell me which breeder she came from so I said No that my male would not be sold on breeding and would be neutered prior to leaving here due to his age, and he was, just because after talking to her and how much she wanted to breed him to her bitch worried me that she could get someone to inquire about him saying everything i wanted to hear as a breeder and breeding non health tested or registered pups. Not worth it.

This insane craze in china is another reason I have no breeding plans for this year and most likely next either.