View Single Post
Old March 4th, 2010, 02:09 AM

Raw is the only type of diet I have found that I can successfully feed to three dogs of different ages (ranging from 2 to 9), health issues, weights, breeds etc. largely in part I think because you can tailor the diet to each individual dog's needs (i.e. I have a dog with serious food allergies so I use all novel protein sources in his diet).

I had the best of luck switching my dogs cold turkey. No kibble, no cooked food, just straight switched to raw. I had some runny stools at 1st, but was able to adjust the diet accordingly to get perfect stools. Something else I found that helped was introducing new proteins very, very gradually. Being new I was excited and eager to try everything at once... bad idea! Much better to gradually introduce the dogs system to one protein at a time.

The beauty of raw is that it allows you great flexibility. It may take some time to figure out what works best for your dog, but I guarantee it will be worth it in the end! My one gal does awesome on chicken backs/necks, quarters, livers/hearts etc. straight out of the grocery store/butcher/farmer etc. whereas my other two do much better with the patties. It takes some time, but well worth it in the end!

"Many of the Earth's habitats, animals, plants, insects, and even micro-organisms that we know as rare may not be known at all by future generations. We have the capability, and the responsibility. We must act before it is too late." - Dalai Lama