View Single Post
Old November 26th, 2007, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by want4rain View Post
you are still comparing Kraft Mac&Cheese to the store brand Mac&Cheese. neither are in the same league as feeding fresh food. to say that large breed puppies are different than other dogs is silly. all other dogs should also be fed a quality food, only large breed puppies cost you more in obvious out of place vet bills than senior dogs do. senior dogs are EXPECTED to fall apart because of a lifetime of a poor diet.

to say this clearly, all dogs should be fed a diet of less carbs and higher meat based protein, not just large breed puppies. all dogs diets should contain glucosimine, not just senior dogs diets.

go as your nutritionist if a commercial kibble diet would even compare to a 'perfectly balanced' fresh food diet. then go ask your cat how its ancestors got here in the first place with out the magic of DRY kibble.

-ash

I guess you haven't read the research. Oh well, just stick to your current knowledge base then

Also, some of y'all are comparing everything to homemade food, as if that's the only acceptable choice.

Some of us are choosing between premium commercial foods, and many educated people here like many of them.

It's apples to oranges to compare any commercial food to homemade.

My comments are confined to commercial food. For the vast majority of people feeding commercial food, there is a benefit to a good large breed puppy formula. Yes, there is a difference.

If your (anyone's) preference is for homemade, that's another topic, can we stick to the one at hand?

I am amazed that an argument over what is best, and telling someone how ignorant they are, always garners more posts than adding to knowledge.

It seems more people are interested in being holier than thou than discussing, educating, and learning.

This is not directed at you, but at the comments in general I see in this thread.