View Single Post
Old September 20th, 2009, 12:26 AM

Sorry, but I can't help you out here, Ceara. I'm all thumbs when it comes to knitting and crocheting. I do have a funny story regarding crocheting, though. A long time ago when my godmother's mom was still alive she was an avid crocheter (hats, scarves, gloves, socks, blankets, sweaters, toaster covers, tea cozies, toilet paper cozies, etc.) On one particular occasion she was crocheting an afghan for a king sized bed. She liked to sit in her favorite rocking chair while crocheting and watch her 'stories' (soap operas). Well, she just about finished the afghan but became so engrossed in her stories that she completely forgot to stop crocheting. So the king sized afghan morphed into something much larger than its intended size. I was lucky enough to inherit it when she passed on. Now I just kind of tuck in the extra length on the sides of the bed. I always think fondly of her when I look at it which I'm doing a lot of right now. The weather is getting a bit chilly here in New York City and it's now officially afghan weather.