View Single Post
Old March 10th, 2009, 02:54 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Mmm, are you picking up the NutriCal from your vet's office? I wouldn't. It is not that great of a food. She needs the best quality canned food you can afford to give her. I would stick to Wellness, Wellness Core, Innova 95%, Nature's Instinct, any of the good quality foods with NO grains. Cut the dry food all together and feed her as much canned as she will/can eat. You could even try her on raw and see if she will eat that. If she was a stray/feral she probably will.

If I am remembering your other thread correctly the kittens are only 3.5 - 4.5 weeks old? Too young to start weaning! Unless you are going to start bottle feeding them. They need their mom's milk as long as she can feed them.

It would not hurt to take a stool sample in to your vet so s/he can check for parasites. It is possible even if she has been dewormed that she still has some kind of parasite. You do not need to take her in. Just the stool. Take one as fresh as possible and put it in a bag. You don't need much to be tested. Have someone drop it at the vets. It will be a nominal cost to have it checked.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!