View Single Post
Old July 22nd, 2009, 01:43 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gail P View Post
What kind of drops are you putting in daily? I once had a dog that got a lot of ear infections and my vet gave me an ear cleansing solution that just had to be used 2-3 times a week. It was supposed to lower the pH level in the ear and make it harder for infections to develop. (it wasn't used to treat infections, but to prevent them) I had to squirt it in, rub it around well and let the dog shake it out again. Seemed to work. Actually come to think of it, I've had a couple of dogs over the years that have been treated the same way. I can't remember the name of the first solution that I got from the vet, but I think the second one was called Epi-Otic or something similar.
The bottle of wash my vet gave me doesn't have a label, I watched him pour it into a couple of squirt bottles for me to take, he never told me the name of it, just said use it twice a day for two weeks, then once a day for two weeks, which we have done and things seem to improve slightly but then three days after the last wash, it's back:sad:

Our appointment is at 4:20 today, so I'm hoping we will find some relief for Kato.
Wendellan~ Feline~ 10(ish)
Theedee~Feline~10(ish)
"Da-Goob"~ APBT/Dogo x (5-6ish)

"My Pitbulls are better behaved than your kids!" (my favorite bumper sticker)