View Single Post
Old May 10th, 2014, 02:30 AM
Pet Guardian

Sorry, meant to update.
He has had leash on collar, but not recently, and the majority of coughing/gagging is always in the morning, after sleeping all night. He's never had problems with collapsing trachea that I know of.

The city requires the license tag be affixed to the animal anytime they're off the owner's property. They use the license info to get animals home, often a dog found wandering won't even go to the shelter but straight back home. I honestly don't care about the other tags that much, though the ID tag is important to me in case I'm out of the city (my cell ph # on it).

I was able to put the entire ring on his harness, there's a metal ring where the 2 straps come together, and though it doesn't lay flat, it doesn't seem to bother him. He can't escape the backyard and we live on a quiet cul-de-sac so if he gets out front its not much danger. I can get used to putting his harness on anytime we're away from the house. I guess just the idea of a naked dog makes me feel weird. I think if he was left alone anywhere other than home though, I'd leave his harness on, just in case. Its happened before that he escaped away from home - it took 4 hours and the local rescue organization to find him.

Anyways, since I took off his collar, the coughing has been greatly reduced. Not gone, but about 80% improvement. At least he hasn't gagged up his morning drink since.

Thanks,
Melissa

"If you can't afford the vet, you can't afford the pet."