View Single Post
Old December 7th, 2004, 07:30 PM

Why is this still going?

Just curious.........
Even after everyone has offered their opinions, and all I might add with their good points, are we continuing to convince her to not buy a Schnoodle?
We all know that she is going to buy one anyway............. so........... I will just say this much.
When you get this dog and it DOES have medical and temperment issues be sure that you thank the guy upstairs for giving you a big enough throat to swallow your pride and come begging for help.

The "breeder" you mentioned breeds for profit, not for the benefit of the breed. If she truly cared about anything but money she would not possibly have time to be breeding all the breeds you mentioned, as she would be busy at dog shows getting titles for her dogs.

She has not screened her potential owners, if she had and gave a damn about where her beloved schnoodles were going YOU would not be getting one. She wants your money, and doesn`t give a rip about the quality of dog you get or the quality of home the dog will get.
As it was mentioned before, any breeder that isn`t into this for money, will screen you as tough as a new parent wanting to adopt a child, and would not want a puppy going to a home where another pet was just "dumped".

I guess, in retrospect, I am considered a contributer to the problem as I did buy my Dogue de Bordeaux from a breeder. I disagree with that line of thinking and had I been able to find a Bordeaux to rescue in the years that I searched for one ( and I mean 23 of them) I would have rescued one....... but I didn`t find any in all that time. There are Bordeaux rescue groups in the USA but they rarely adopt to people in Canada. So what are you to do?
I made my choice and no matter what anyone may say I do not regret it.
I have a "perfect angel" that I am very proud of and that I am reminded every day why she is the dog for me and my family.
Chew me apart if you must............ but I honestly know that this particular dog was meant to be with my family and me.......... if you want to know all the reasons I believe so just ask me the story of how we ended up with her is quite unique and somewhat spooky.

One final note,,,,, how many of you who do have purebreds from breeders have a close relationship with the breeder? I talk to my Dogue`s breeder every month and send weekly emails with pictures of the dog and us. I think you have to be careful when lumping all people who buy purebreds and have done their research with those who just want a "designer mutt" from a byb.

Not everyone who buys a purebred is contributing to the problem. Irresponsible owners are more of a contributing factor, as are the breeders who do not screen these people out.