View Single Post
Old May 8th, 2006, 02:47 PM

I used a product called SSSCAT http://www.ssscat.com/. I had it on hand when I was working on a behavioural modification program with the 3 cats I had at the time.

I have a male cat that is a "loner" and spent his days upstairs by himself (his choice, he is a little odd, skittish and semi-feral). He was very needy at night so I allowed him to sleep with me so he would get one on one attention and be able to curl up with me. BUT..I am also allergic to cats and couldn't bear it after awhile. He is also nocturnal so he kept me awake. I put the SSSCAT in front of the door and it worked quite well. I have since adopted 2 more feral cats who have shacked up with him and now he has 2 girlfriends to keep him busy Once in awhile I still have to use it as he demands to eat at the same time every morning and will bang on my door for me to get up.
I am not suggesting you get another cat if your husband-to-be is allergic but if your kitty is social and is lonely it would be a viable solution. For now try the SSSCAT in front of your door.

Good Luck!