View Single Post
Old October 3rd, 2006, 04:43 PM
ShaggyRudy

Just thought I'd give my input here since I just recently switched our furry family over to better food! We have three cats - one is very overweight, and one was just recently diagnosed with diabetes (not the fat one, go figure). We also have a 2-year-old dog. The cats have all been eating Hill's Science Diet R/D dry for quite some time. They lost weight on it about a year ago, but it hasn't done anything for them since then. It's just cost their mommy a lot of money The pup was also eating Hill's - regular adult dry. I spent about 2 weeks researching other options and the kitties have finally adjusted to canned Natural Choice and pup loves his new Innova Evo dry! I feel so much better feeding them these things. I'm convinced the cats' weight gain was from the Hill's food. They now eat three small meals a day of canned and they get just a very small amount of dry at night with their third meal (except for the one with diabetes - she gets all canned).

So, I don't mean to ramble on, but you might want to give Nutro Natural Choice a try. It has even been suggested as a good food for our diabetic kitty since it's lower in sugar and chemicals. We're trying to bring her sugar levels down with diet alone. Just hoping we don't have to resort to insulin Good luck. I'll be curious to know what you decide to go with!!