Thread: Jayson Williams
View Single Post
Old March 22nd, 2004, 04:05 PM
Sadie's Chefomatic

Jayson Williams

Okay okay so at first you're thinking..what the heck does he have to do with pets.... well I thought if you hadn't already heard about it, this is an interesting read.

Background, Jayson Williams former pro basketball player on trial for killing a chauffeur. (supposidly accidentally while playin around with a gun)

Read this:

Before the trial began, Judge Edward Coleman ruled that prosecutors could not tell the jury about two previous shooting incidents allegedly involving Williams.

In 1994, a handgun Williams was holding in the parking lot of the Meadowlands arena went off, striking the hubcap of a vehicle. Williams completed a diversionary program of community service and charges were not pursued.

Prosecutors say the second incident occurred at Williams' mansion just six months before Christofi's shooting. Williams allegedly bet houseguest and former pro basketball player Dwayne Schintzius $100 that he could not drag Williams' Rottweiler guard dog from the house. Schintzius pulled the dog outdoors, but instead of paying up, prosecutors claim, Williams shot the dog twice, killing and "almost decapitating" it, and then pointed the gun at his friend, telling him "get this f---ing dog off my porch or you're next."

Another article indicates that a friend buried the poor dog Zeus in the yard behind the home.

Since he denies it, I'm wondering with this testimony why someone hasn't decided to get a warrant to dig up the yard to look for the remains.

Ahhh but then again... a dogs life isn't important right!