View Single Post
Old May 16th, 2008, 04:04 PM
What to say, what to say

I just have a small question...or two

We see all these bonded animals at shelters but once they're adopted, would they need to be re-introduced? Even though they've bonded, they're both still pretty stressed out from the new environment so will they go all bassurk on each other? And you know how, when you get a cat, you're suppose to keep it in one room with all the necessities? So if you get a bonded pair, would they need to be separated? I'm not thinking about adoption anytime soon but I just have this question in my mind because if I ever decide to adopt 2 animals at the same time(and I'm definately going for a cat), then I want to introduce them properly.

Oh, and another questionI really want a cat and I've been reading articles and stuff about cat care for about a year now. My parents are pretty supersticious and say that ALL cats are bad luck so they want to push me for a dog(which I'm totally fine with) but I'd rather be with a cat since the only mammal that I've raised before was a hamster So my question is this: is it better for the cat to come into the house first or the dog? Which one should set the rules for the other? Or does it not matter?