Thread: new puppy
View Single Post
Old May 13th, 2008, 07:48 PM
Owned by goldens

New puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by happycats View Post
I agree that kids come first, but I also believe parents HAVE to teach their kids to be respectfull of all animals, because they all have the potential to bite if mistreated!

Th OP was looking for a puppy long before she dealt with Skipper, she just wants a puppy, and had poor Skipper put down, before ever exhausting all avenues. and was looking for a puppy right away, I don't think she even cared or mourned for Skipper!

The kid is 10 years old, and was playing to rough with the dog according to
the OP. Our dog bit my brothers, when we were kids, but IMO and my parents(thank dog)they deserved it for being to rough and teasing her!
I agree that children should be educated and should be supervised but realistically this is not always possible. I have an aggressive dog and have been bitten by her. The bite came out of the blue while I was petting her. I accidentally touched her tail and she snapped. Before that she bit my nephews girlfriend on the cheek, again for no reason that we could figure out. The last time she bit I was walking her and a neighbor who she knew, reached out to pet her and she bit. I don't have young kids so keeping her is not a problem and we have been able to work through some of her issues but I will never be able to trust her.
I don't think the original poster should get another dog right now. She needs to be on her own, and as mentioned not dependant on her grandmother.