View Single Post
Old January 8th, 2011, 03:33 PM

Hello, I too have a lump on my 9 yr cat that showed up about 10 days post vaccine (feels like half a golf ball sticking off of him). The vet said the lump is about 1cm by 2cm by 3cm (something like that). He has had this lump for just over a week now, and I have taken him to the vet three times so she can monitor the size. The lump is basically exactly the same size it was when it first showed up, but seeing that it isnt getting any smaller we are having it removed on Monday, and sent away for testing. She did do an FNA on the lump and found liquid (said it was a seroma), however she said the middle of the lump felt soft and the outside more solid, so she doesnt think the whole thing is a seroma. I am so very worried about this and the last week trying to wait for the lump to shrink has been awful, I think I am going to go crazy waiting for the surgery to be done and to get the reults back. It is so scary when you try to look up andthing about vaccine related lumps on the internet because all you find are stories about cancer :-( Fingers crossed that my Milo's lump is benign and I can post a happy ending on here. Has anyone else had a similar experience that ended up being ok so I can quell some of these fears I'm having (and probably the original poster is experiencing as well
Thanks
Chrystal