View Single Post
Old July 3rd, 2010, 09:41 PM
Doggie Wench

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahGrey View Post
I don't want to sound harsh, it is a terrible accident that happened, however why is the person who stopped being blamed in the article? My thinking is that the people were driving to close and didn't have time to stop in time. If they were driving not to close, they would have had time stop. I mean this is usaually why people are rear ended on the road...people driving to close behind.
Coming to a complete stop on a highway is illegal in Quebec. The investigation found that there was no tailgating nor speeding...a young inexperienced driver went from 100km+ to a sudden and complete stop on a major highway.

This tragic story isn't about placing blame. It's about being careful, a lesson if you will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldfields View Post
Tragic for the young girl that something so good should turn into something so bad. And you can't put an old head on young shoulders. An older driver may have checked that there was nothing close behind, or might have gone off onto the side of the road rather than coming to a dead halt on the highway...So sad for everyone, you could say both women's lives ruined in a split second.
Very thoughtfully written. My heart goes out to both of them and to the people who witnessed the accident and the aftermath .