View Single Post
Old June 2nd, 2009, 12:10 PM

Thanks Chico!

I too wish that we had given Kitty chemo before it was too late. Even though she died when she was 21, I think chemo would have given her a few more years. Yesterday I just suddenly broke down over her death, again. When I took her to the vet it was as if she knew what was happening and was at peace, unless she was too sick to care.

We tried switching vets this past year but realized our old vet was the best choice for us. We started going to him in 1988 when Kitty was a kitten and he was just in his first year of practice. In 1993 we moved 30 miles away but it's worth the ride. We use a different vet for our guinea pigs because our "cat" vet isn't the right fit for them. People, aka neighbors, think I'm crazy to drive that far yet they ask my advice on their animals.

“The soul is the same in all living creatures, although the body of each is different.”—Hippocrates