View Single Post
Old December 29th, 2010, 02:53 PM
Senior Contributor

Always check meds!

I've been giving Oksana medication daily now for several months, for her idopathic cystis. *knock on wood* she hasn't had a major episode for a long time now and I'm hoping it's because of these meds. The vets office calls in the Rx for me and it comes to me from a pharmacy in Arizona that specilizes in compound medications. This is taking a medication and making it into an easier way to give it to them, in Oksana's case it's a cream I put inside her earlobe once or twice a day.

So I got a new delivery on Saturday. I finished the last of the previous syringe yesterday and in the evening I was about to give her one of the new batches and I noticed the label on the syringe was different than the medication she uses. I didn't give her any and called this morning. Thank goodness, because it turns out, they sent me the wrong stuff! They sent me something for a thyroid condition!

Now I've got 6 syringes with some cream called Methimazole. I'd love to be able to give it to someone who already uses it. But I don't think any of the kitties here uses this stuff, and I don't know if it would get through customs. I'm going to see if maybe my vets office has anyone who might need it. It would be a shame to just throw it away.

Thankfully, I'm getting Oksana's meds over-nighted to me. From now on, I'll make sure to look at all the syringes!
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

http://nuriaandthegang.shutterfly.com/