View Single Post
Old October 7th, 2010, 03:59 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

May I suggest you stop using the spray bottle as "punishment". You may think they don't look at you as the baddy but guess what.... they know who's on the other end of that spray.
Kasey may not be enjoying his food as much because he is anticipating that spray. Or, conversely, he may be full. As a cat ages they don't typically eat as much. Does he come back to munch during the day or do you lift his food?
Is there some reason you separate the cats to eat? Why can't you put the food in one dish and let them share? It does sound like you are feeding dry? We have a marvelous website for you to check out if that is the case. www.catinfo.org. You will learn a ton of information on there. But I digress. You did not come here to ask about food. You asked about discipline.
If Kasey is still scratching in spots you don't want him to could you temporarily move the scratching posts to where he is scratching? Or, better yet, get another post. I am not a fan of spray bottles. In most cases I find a sharp clap with a stern NO is good enough.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!