View Single Post
Old February 21st, 2009, 07:57 PM

8 month old pup with colitis

Hello everyone!
I am at my wits end with this. I have an 8 month old American Bulldog pup. When she was 6 months old she started having bloody diarrhea. I took her to the vet and she had a slight case of Giardia, put her antibiotics, subsided a little bit, took her back and she tested negative. Bloody diarrhea is still happening, but much more frequently and every now and then refuses food. I took her to the vet a third time, again tested negative, but he went ahead and put her back on antibiotics and dewormer. He said it is colitis and a diet change could help. She has been on Orijen (really bad then), Instinct Rabbit, Prairie Lamb and Oatmeal, and now on Innova (which what she was on before problem started). I have tried pumpkin (good for a few days) slippery elm (good for a few days) and have fasted her and started with cooked hamburger and rice, in which all work for 2-3 days and then back to bloody diarrhea again. She has accidents all the time in the house, ugh. After she goes, then she will go 2-4 more times after that with it being blood (bright red). Anyone have experience with colitis, and suggestions on what else I can do or feed???! Please help me! Thank you in advance! :sad: