View Single Post
Old April 14th, 2004, 05:00 PM

Sorry for that last long post. When people get me going, I go and go and go.
Just had another thought. Is that organization getting any funding or support from anyone in particular? If so, I'd go to the funders and express my concerns for their lack of advocacy. I hate to do that sort of thing for an organization that has the same mandate as myself, but sometimes non profit organizations need a kick in the behind to keep them on track.
I used to be an advocate for prisoner's rights with a non profit org, so I know what it's like advocating for a group that doesn't have much support in the community. We weren't advocating to let everyone out of prison, but rather that people recieve FAIR and JUST treatment in the correctional system that makes them a more productive member of society when they are eventually relesed.
Your situation is similar in that the dogs, just like the inmates in prison, are members of the community and aren't going away. They are and will be returning to the community and it's in the best interests of all involved if they are availed the best opportunity to be positive and productive when they are there.
I'll shut up now. I promise.