View Single Post
Old March 14th, 2005, 04:54 PM

I have a hard time deciding because I hear all sorts of different conflicting things about fish especially bettas. I heard and read that female bettas will kill the males. I also heard that they live in 75-82 degrees F, and read that goldfish can live in the lower end of that temp. I was also told that a good rule is one inch of fish to a gallon. so like a ten gallon could have ten one inch fish or five five inch fish. And sorry i messed up the tank size it's 40gal. I used to keep saltwater fish but maintaining the tank is very difficult so I decided to get freshwater until i move out and then maybe start a saltwater tank. My uncle is a big fish person but really only knows about salt tanks, he used to have two beautiful 155gal built right into his wall, one on top of the other,and one had an amora eel in it. Also my goldfish is only suposed to get to about 2 inches long, right now it's about an inch. is that unusual? is it a drawf goldfish or something? Also I should have specified that my tank is about as long as a 20gal but really deep.

Candi- Italian Greyhound
Cash- Italian Greyhound
Jasmine- Tabby cat