View Single Post
Old October 14th, 2004, 05:17 PM

Question Aconite Appropriate Homeopathic Remedy?

Hi there! Sorry to ask two question in one day >.< My kitty recently developed a thiamin deficiency (very severe!) He experienced sudden convulsions, where he would turn his head far to the right and then jerk it from side to side, move his mouth like he was trying to swallow and could not, foam and drool, and run around wildly, struggling with anything in his path. During these episodes his pupils would blow until his eyes looked like giant black saucers. He would loose vision temporarily, at first just for detail, and then later completely, it seemed. When he wasn't having convulcions he was sitting in the meatloaf position looking positively miserable, hiding from light, and breathing in shallow spurts....he seemed to be struggling with pushing his breath out, flaring his nostrils and making little sounds, sometimes panting. I got him to the vet immediately and she gave him a b complex shot. I am also giving him b complex orally. He is steadily improving, with only mild versions of his previous convulsions coming on when he shakes his head or moes around too much. He is eating solid food again (hurray!!) and is sleeping stretched out, breathing deeply! I spoke with my homeopath about a remedy for my kitty. She repotorised him this afternoon and came back with Aconite. In light of his size and acute, rather than chronic state, she recomended a 6c dose, once. The symptoms she read to me seem to match very, very well!! My kitty has honey coloured amber-brown eyes, weighs 4.2 kg, and has a positively grumpy disposition around other animals save his younger sister and I. He even gets a little cheeky with her at times, but never with me. I can't sit down without having him on my lap...whatever I'm doing waits whilst he recieves some TLC! He has the alpha complex, so in my multi animal household, we're always struggling with fights.
My question was wether or not it would help relieve some discomfort he must still be experiencing if I administered the aconite (even though he seems to be on the upswing and many of the symptoms he had previously have not reoccured) and since my homepath is for humans and not kitties, is a 6c dose going to be safe and effective? Did she make the right descision about the aconite? Thank you, thank you for any responses
Also, if anyone else has experienced this frightening ordeal (thiamine deficiency) I would love to hear about your experiences, maybe it will put my mind at ease to hear some success stories, or help to avoid potential mistakes to hear some tragic ones. Thank you!!