View Single Post
Old May 2nd, 2009, 10:04 AM
I'm a softy

OYE!!! An EGG HELP ME!

This morning I saw what we thought was our male blue budgie all fluffed up sitting funny in the cage, I looked closer and 'he?' had his tail up in the air I looked behind 'him' and there is an EGG!! OYE! OK I am not a budgie expert.. We have had these budgies for 2 and a half years.. Both budgies have been going near the egg, I don't know who it belongs to.. The other budgie is white, and today the thingy on top of her beak looks darker, does that mean something?? Usually it is very pale, and now it looks almost red... I will post some pics, i took a bunch but they did not turn out.

What do I do?? If they are both female obviously it wont be fertile, Would it be normal for a male budgie to be tending to the egg? What was he doing if it is not his? They had a little nest but they ripped it apart, I have put some stuff in the cage today for them to use, but what do I need to give them? When I find out whose egg it is should I separate them? Do I just leave them alone seen as it probably is not going to be fertile?

I cannot believe there is an egg in the cage..... oye!