Thread: Ramadan Kareem
View Single Post
Old August 31st, 2008, 09:47 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrd View Post
Muslim life is usually a night life during Ramadan.
welllllll its how its worked out to be now but its not how it should be...not really anyway. My family actually doesnt stay up, after the prayers we pretty much go to bed. In egypt though thats another story..im sure if we had all the action going on here that goes on there we would stay up too! temptation

during the day my mom reads quran, cooks for the local mosque so that those less fortunate can break their fast, as well as uni students who at this time of year really miss "home cooking"....and u get together with family and friends. There are a lot of great series on tv during this time and we usually are bad and cant resist and hunker down to watch a few after breaking the fast

Its also tradition to read through all the Quran during ramadan, so everyone tries to read a few chapters a day.

As for me, what with school work and my new job and other responsiblities its pretty much life as usual. But I do try to get my quran and series in I also usually go serve breakfast at the mosque/help my mom cook when I have the time (ie im not drowning in uni stuff ).