Thread: immobile cat
View Single Post
Old October 13th, 2004, 02:50 PM
Senior member - formerly Lezzerpezzer

immobile cat

We all see your dilema: you want to help the cat, but have no financial avenues open to you to do so. But you must put the cat first. It needs help NOW. You're gonna have to get it to a veterinarian or shelter post haste to at least ease the cats's suffering. I'm not sure how you can bear to leave it the way it is. As for finding a vet on this site that might have some idea as to what is ailing your cat, I think that they would likely tell you the exact same thing: you should take it to an animal hospital or shelter(?) for a proper assessment.
I did some thinking to try to possibly find some causes as to what may be causing this "paralysis" in your cat. Perhaps this will give you some guidance.

1) poisoning;
2) tick paralysis: The signs of tick paralysis usually begin 3-6 days after attachment of the tick to the cat's skin, and may include vomiting, coughing or weakness in the hind legs. The condition rapidly progresses until the cat is unable to stand. If not treated properly, tick paralysis is usually fatal.
3) stroke;
4) hit by car;
5) injury caused by fall/trauma to body
6) pinched nerve
6) neurological damage

These are just off the top of my head. I'm sure there are more scenarios, as I am not in the medical profession. ALL of the above require veterinary assessment and treatment. This is why we have expressed the need for you to take your pet to the vet. We are not trying to be hard on you, but I think those of us that have replied realize that the cat needs help and we can't really give you much but our suggestions, which all seem to indicate the need to take the cat to the vet. I'm sorry if we did not seem helpful, but the answer seems very clear cut to me. I hope that this may help you in your decision making. I wish I could help you more.