View Single Post
Old February 10th, 2014, 03:49 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porscha View Post
She will love the treats!
Her crate at home is larger than the travel one. She is great at home with her crate. I only put her in it at night and when we step out to run errands. At night she walks in at around 10pm and I open back up when I wake up around 8am. She saunters out stretches I go make coffee she follows me wagging tail then when she sits all calm I give her good morning snuggles!
So this morning when I took her to the vet for a serious teeth cleaning and one extraction I walked to my car open the passenger door put the carrier on the seat and she jumped in the car at the floor. I motioned her out and to sit and wait which she did very well. I put a treat in the carrier lifted her in and she went in no problem. Then I got in the car started it, no problem. Then I put the car in reverse and then she whined all the way to the vet! I would like to give her some treats on our way back home later today but after care will probably not allow that.
Maybe next week we can do the short trips as suggested!?
I've seen those "booster seats" for small dogs that are clipped in but lifted and still look contained. I do need to keep her contained in something while driving as I'm kinda anal with keeping my new car a new car! Plus its safer for her!
Thanks for all the suggestions! Keep them coming!
I wonder if she think you're going to give her away when she go for a ride? How did you get her was it by a car ride ?