View Single Post
Old March 25th, 2011, 01:04 AM

Mini Dachshund unexplained yelping

My 5 year old Mini dachshund started yelping the other afternoon when my fiance picked her up. She lost controll of her bladder and peed on him as well. When I got home, not 5 min later, we took her to the vet. They said she was constipated but did a back x-ray just to make sure her back was ok. The x-ray came back and they said that her back looked perfect and that she would be fine. They gave her two enemas, she went a little bit but not much. They sent her home and said by the next morning she should be fine. It is now 4 days later and she is worse. Her breathing is very shallow, she is shaking, and her stomach tightens up at times. She will not jump or sit up(which she used to do a lot) or run and play. When you pick her up or even act like you are going to pick her up she yelps extremely loud. You dont even have to touch her and she yelps. I am not sure what to do. They said there is nothing wrong with her back. I am not sure what to do. I can not take her back to this vet they are too expensive, I am a college student with limited funds. Is there any at home test that I can do or anything? Thank you for any help that you can give!