View Single Post
Old February 22nd, 2008, 09:49 PM

Thanks for the replies and suggestions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristin7 View Post
You could always try experimenting with some other good brands of canned food, or even try feeding her some cooked or raw meats (probably starting with chicken as she might like that - mine go nuts if they smell it).
I've tried a variety of different canned foods in assorted flavours and unfortunately it's pretty obvious that Whimsy prefers seafood over anything else. I guess I should be grateful that she happily downs the Avoderm Select Cuts seafood cans (her current favourite) instead of insisting on something worse!

I've also unsuccessfully tried introducing her to raw and cooked chicken and other meats -- I'm not sure she even recognizes any of that as food. Leave an unseasoned raw salmon fillet unattended on a cutting board, on the other hand, and she's up on the counter in a flash trying to nibble on it! She'll even lick the paper packet it came in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarcatmom View Post
So all in all, I'd try to work towards a less fish-based diet, if at all possible. Start by mixing miniscule amounts of other foods into their current food and see if you can gradually increase the proportion.
Thanks surgarcatmom! I'll start mixing other varieties into her seafood favourites -- as long as it smells overwhelmingly fishy, she's likely to scarf it down!