View Single Post
Old July 29th, 2009, 11:07 PM
Catlover2

A few years ago one of my cats died suddently at 15, probably a heart attack. I showed her body to her lifelong 16 y.o. friend. She just sniffed her and walked away as if she wasn't interested. She died at home, so it wasn't the smell of a vet office that put her off. It didn't seem to make much difference, as next day she roamed the house meowing and wanting me to open every closet door. She carried on doing this for about a month. She would sit where her catfriend sat, and sometimes she looked as it she was observing a cat walking by as she would follow with her eyes. I couldn't see anything, but this happened several times so perhaps she could see her friend's "spirit". She mourned her loss for quite a number of months and seemed depressed, so I bought a kitten. The kitten did perk her up somewhat, but she had been in declining health with kidney disease for quite some time. I got a half brother to the kitten so they could play with each other and not bug my old girl. The kittens bonded immediately and seemed to know they were kin. It gave my old girl some peace and quiet, and 6 mos. later she died at age 17.