View Single Post
Old April 30th, 2007, 06:53 PM

I have no experience raising a papillon, I got Dory when she was an adult and she had some bad habits. I really think that raising a papillon must be awesome. Having a pap is great, she's like a big dog, but she's compact. Even my hubby likes her, now that she is properly trained, she's a great little dog. If I had raised her from puppyhood, I'm positive she would never have come down with any of the training problems we dealt with at all. Pretty much they are really clever, very quick to learn, once you find the sort of training that works for that particular dog.

Socialization is key, and consistant training, Dory really takes advantage if she can, so with her it's all about consistancy. It would have been great if she had been socialized as a puppy because she does have problems with other dogs, but it was because she lacked the puppygarten that would have helped when she was younger.

One thing I should mention is the hair, most of them have a lot of it, and she sheds, but not like the cats do. I admit it, I clip her hair, but, she's not a show dog, if she was, i wouldn't dream of it, of course, it's just easier this way, she used to collect dust she has so much hair, she's more comfy clipped anyways, I see how happy she is when she gets her hair trimmed.

If you have any more questions, I hope I can help.