View Single Post
Old January 17th, 2006, 10:46 PM

That's horrible. No matter what they say, the Liberal Party both Provincial and Federal seem to be the same. I got a phone call from a Representative from my local Federal campaigne off, seeking my support on election day.

I asked the guy where the Member stood on BSL as it was a infraction on my Charter Rights, meanwhile avoiding his initial question. He told me that it was a Provincial issue and that bull about the seperation of the Federal and Provincial Parties. Then he asked me again if he had my support and I told him that I had already voted as I am a member of the Canadian Forces and my home riding is in a western province, so I have to vote in special advance polls. He then had the nerve to ask me who I voted for. When I told him no I didn't mind and that I voted Conservative and was about to list my reasons, he interupted and said thank you and hung up.

I like some of the NDP's platform, but right now we need a major change and I didn't think they were strong enough to win and get the job done. And I do not totally agree with all of the Conservative platform, but I know that the rest of the government will keep them in check on the major issues (ie. same sex marriage).