View Single Post
Old February 6th, 2005, 12:00 PM

Hi there. There are a lot of threads on here about the benefits/downfalls of different brands of food. You might want to perform a search to check them all out. Personally, I just moved my dog from Nutro (which is a pretty good food) to Wellness (which is a great food). Generally speaking, you should stay away from anything you can buy in a grocery store. Check out the ingredients. The first five should not contain anything called a "by-product", nor should they contain any corn. Don't let the price fool you. Just because a particular brand is more expensive, doesn't mean it'll cost more in the end. My dog was originally on Iams (before I found out all the negative aspects of it). She was eating easily 4 cups++ of food per day (and producing an equal amount of poo ). When we switched to Nutro, she went down to about 2 1/2 to 3 cups per day. Now, on Wellness, she's down to less than 2 cups. So even though the bag costs more, it lasts longer, and there's less waste in the yard. Hope this helps!