View Single Post
Old July 24th, 2006, 08:25 PM

Not a pet, but so sad...

Today the forecast was 'sunny', but two hours later it turned into dark clouds and thunder. I was rushing home from work, and was worried about my babies outside. I wasn't paying attention and so when I finally did see the little gopher trying to make it across the highway, I braked too late. I hit the little guy right across the hindquarters... I was sobbing as I could see him trying to get the rest of the way... then the person behind me gave him sweet mercy.

I cried all the way home and all the way back to work, and most of the morning actually. Everyone said that I was over-reacting... but I LOVE those little gophers. I see them every morning on my way to work, peeking their little cute heads out of the tall grass, or making little gopher-loafs on the side of the road, lounging in the sun... They always make my day and bring a smile to my face so naturally I was devastated.

I have decided that my gopher was Romeo in a past life and he was trying to be reincarnated to be with Juliet...

Peace little gopher...

Last edited by kittycorner; July 24th, 2006 at 08:26 PM. Reason: spelling!