View Single Post
Old December 12th, 2004, 05:57 PM
Missing My Ciara, 3-21-06

Ciara is a super uber goober, but.....

She did cause serious injuries to a guy that tried to rip me out of my suv in a local Wal-mart xmas eve, 3 years ago. I have tinted windows and the creep did not see her in the back, It happened so fast, he grabbed me after I parked while I was taking my seat belt off...she was defending me. He sped away as employee's and other shoppers gave chase. The police took a report but no one was able to get a tag #. Two weeks later, the same guy ran over a 76 year old woman in the same parking lot. I saw his picture on the news and called the police, he was charged with my assault also but he will never get of the iron Hilton in my lifetime.
I feel very safe around Ciara, I always say I have a "loaded Rottweiler", no need for a gun. She is a goober tho.
She has not shown aggression since. I am sure she will protect me, it's a given..but if she would ever hurt an innocent person, child or adult, I would have to say good-bye...with a heavy heart. I rely on our relationship and her training to recognize the difference between danger and not...so far, she's right on the mark, and a better judge of people than I.

One important lesson I have learned from the 25 + years working with animals is...all dogs will bite.