View Single Post
Old August 22nd, 2012, 10:31 AM
Administrator - Pet lover

Thanks for adopting CH - you sound like a FAB new pet owner Welcome to the forum!

A couple of things come to mind:
1 - In your quieter, less stressful kid free apartment - the cat will feel safer.
She may eventually bond with you in the way you want.

2 - hate to say it - but it's too soon to throw a party allergy wise. If you just got the cat you'll need a few days to a week (after her dander has been airborne housewide) to really see how allergic you are.

Not sure where you are getting the info that girls are good for allergies...but it's false as far as I know. I would definitely not assume this to be true as a general rule. If you did want to get her a companion - spend time with that companion to make sure it does not trigger massive allergy attacks.

3 - If you have a neighbor or someone that can check in on your cat if you have to go away for a weekend (or perhaps occasionally during the day) - that will make your life easier. And if that cat can get to know this person, that too will make your life easier.

4- In a separate room while vacuuming - sounds like a good plan for a skittish cat!

Glad you are adopting for life
Newcomers FAQ - How do I post on this BB?
Pet facebook group
Check out the Pet podcast
Follow me on Twitter