View Single Post
Old March 5th, 2011, 12:37 AM

Do you do other things with him where you are controlling the resources as well? Such as sit-stay-release before feeding, same before going through doorways, etc? This may also help if you don't do that already.

My boy used to be the same when he was sleeping or resting and needed to be moved (well only growling, eh didn't snap, good thing because he is a big boy!). I started by making sure I got his attention before trying to move him so I could make sure that his growl wasn't just because he was startled. We also worked on the "off" command, and not just with furniture. We even did it out at the park and stuff. I used treats for his reward since he is highly food motivated, especially back then since he was young and starving. He is not allowed on furniture without permission, and after working on it he got to the point where he would look at me for permission to come on furniture, and "off" is no problem at all. We did the same as suggested above only I didn't use the leash as I wasn't worried about him biting me. Good luck!