Thread: Laura
View Single Post
Old May 15th, 2004, 08:45 PM
Sadie's Chefomatic

This is one area that keeps getting revisited and I have no idea why?

Do people feel so vulnerable and insecure with themselves that they actually feel the need to rehash things over and over again?

For the most part I can speak for myself and a few others, that we provide support and information when appropriate. WE also provide suggestions and try to convince people to take alternative steps / measures.

Do you have any idea the number of people who have come on here frantic originally looking to 'dump' their newly purchased/adopted cat/dog because things aren't working out right!

Have you ever read those posts? Have you ever seen the advise and reassurance we give people, so that they end up KEEPING these pets. Many new pet owners feel overwhelmed, new puppies and shelter dogs/cats that have histories of abuse/neglect. These sweeties need special attention and direction as well as obedience.

Speaking on behalf of many we rescue, advise, suggest, assist, donate, volunteer and console.

There are individuals on here that have soaked up like a sponge all the information and advise that we have to offer.... then spit in our faces with ignorant comments but hey you know what....then they turn around when in crisis again and ask for more support. Do we turn our backs? NO we help we offer advise we give more information and support.

Before you begin to judge us for what you 'believe' we are, judge us for 'what we do'!!

I'm tired of having to coddle peoples feelings darnit, we do a darn good job on here offering hours on end of FREE advise and information. What we do is decent, loving and required. Discussions we've had on here, help I have received myself and given to many.... has lessened a pets pain and helped a owner who is beside themself with worry.