View Single Post
Old May 29th, 2011, 10:08 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by otter View Post
hee, hee, did you hear me talking about you

Ya, not looking forward to the invasion Nolie and I are just getting settled with the calm pace around here, not looking forward to the ensuing chaos.

I'm gonna bug you for some good places to go with doggies Nolie is desperate to find some canine play mates
The invasion tonight was mosquitoes the warmer humid weather sure brought them out tonight.

Rotary Park in Minden is a great spot to go with dogs. Space to run around, the river winds around the park and there's just the one driveway that comes in off the highway down a hill so there's not really anywhere for dogs to run off. There are nice sandy shallow bays where the dogs can splash around if they don't want to swim or they can go out into the deeper water. It can get busy there in the summer but usually more so on the weekends and during the hot part of the day. If you go in the early morning it's often just people with dogs.

If you like to just go out walking on trails Snowdon Park is really nice. There are a few miles of trails there and it's not a busy spot at all. Also I have friends only about 5 minutes from my house with loads of land and a whole trail system and they welcome anyone to come and use it for low/no impact type uses like hiking, skiing, snowshoeing etc. They even pack/groom it in the winter and friends and I dogsled over there. All they ask is that you respect the land.

I have a couple of spots close to my house too where I like to take my dogs to swim, usually nobody around so I can take all 7 that like to swim and just let them out of the truck. Plus, I have 8 acres at home for them to run and play and also the use of the 4 acre property beside me.

If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion!

http://www.racingrescues.com
http://www.goodbyegoose.com