View Single Post
Old May 4th, 2010, 07:17 PM

Unhappy Help with bad ear infection

Hello Pet forums,

I have a 3 year old black lab, who suffers from a very bad ear infection.(yes just one ear infection that refuses to go away.) She has had this infection for about a year and a half. The very first vet who checked her out and told me what bacteria was in her ear ect. and gave me antibiotics and ear ointment to give to her, but sadly that did not clear it up and it made no improvement it actually seemed to have gotten a bit worse. Since then I have taken her to multiple other vets who give me the same treatment to give, even after I explain to them that the antibiotics are not working. She also has a bit of a allergy problem so the vet also said we should switch her food which we did and saw no improvement. Her ears are horribly scratched on the flap and full of puss on the inside.

I'm sorry for the long post, but I'm truly frustrated and feel horrible for my dog for having to go through this.

I'd be truly grateful if someone could give a little advice? Maybe you've experienced the same thing?