View Single Post
Old May 29th, 2006, 08:19 PM

Thanks for the replies, I will try that PetFriendly. I did read that a safety cue is good everytime you leave and I will try putting the radio on for him too.. As for a routine we do have one every morning with him. We get up an hour earlier so he's up with us atleast an hour, we run around the back yard with him and play fetch then we take him for a walk and then we put him in his crate with a stuffed kong every morning. But I will definitely try a safety cue and try leaving the radio on, see if that works. DRN I agree with what you say, although there isn't much I can do at this point. I would love him no matter what, he's a child to me so I love him unconditionally, however I do love that he's my companion... I love that he follows me everywhere and wants to be with me, so your right I don't want to change that, that is why I don't like this ignoring idea.. It didn't last a day anyway, I just can't do it.. Why get a dog to ignore him? However if it helps him to be less stressed when we're out then I want to try anything. He does sleep in our room at night, he has a bed that from day one he's slept on and doesn't move until we get up in the morning! Again he's amazing with us, since he was 8 weeks old he learned everything super fast, and was the best dog in his obedience school in both classes, its just when he's alone. I want to help him so he's not so stressed being alone. I'm currently talking to neighbors to see if anyone can pay more attention to him, we are new here so we're still trying to get a feel for things here, I don't want to ask a complete stranger as that would be a little rude. But I see a few neighbors that have puppies themselves so maybe they can give me some help. And when we walk him everybody just loves him, so hopefully we can find someone who will be interested in helping us out while we're at work! Thanks again though, the more advice the better, ya never know even just one little thing might help!