View Single Post
Old March 4th, 2011, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14+kitties View Post
Oh mf, I did not mean my post in a negative way. You are feeling pain. By posting it and "releasing" some of it it is probably helping you.
Thanks 14+ I really didn't take it in a negative way, what I said probably came out that way due to my worrying over the way he has been for the last couple of days and feeling like I should apologize to everyone. I know now that it wasn't necessary, it was just all those emotions coming together with Raggs as the focus. I am not used to letting my emotions hang out the way I have in this thread and everyone has been so supportive...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelrunpack View Post
I'm glad he's hanging in there, dbg! Raggs is such a lucky boy to have you to lean on!
Thanks hazel, and everyone who has said similar things about how I've handled Raggs. It really boggles my mind because I can't imagine being any different toward him, nor any animal

I know you may remember when Pepper had her surgery in 2009 for the giant lipoma you were all there for me then as well. The difference now is that I've posted about Raggs throughout his time with me, especially since he was dx'd with cancer. I was the same with Pepper when she was alive, I just didn't share all the details with the forum because in her final days she was well until a week before I made the final decision.

Quote:
About the Metacam--have you considered calling the vet and telling him your reservations about taking Raggs in the car? Given that he knows about Raggs, he may be willing to give you a prescription for the Metacam without an office visit.
My vet gave me the metacam without question when I told her why I didn't want to bring him. She is all about the comfort of the animal and she knew that's what I was thinking of too. She insists she relates far better to animals than people and she knows I feel the same way. I've had her as a vet for 20 years, so we know each other quite well.

Quote:
Never feel like your posts are impositions or a bother or that you need to apologize or that you owe us a post if you really aren't up to it! We're here to listen and give you some support if you need it. There will be lots of ups and downs and we're here for the long haul to help you up the hills and support you on the other side And if there comes a time when you don't feel up to talking, that's okay, too. We'll still be here when you come back
Thanks hazel and all of you for the continued support. You are right some days I don't feel like posting and others I can't seem to shut up LOL

Today he stayed in bed until 8pm even though I went to sit with him after making his first meal. He sniffed it but wanted to rest and have his body massage. I couldn't wait any longer at 8 and went in with his food and gave it to him while he was in bed and sat there on the floor beside him. He lay there and ate most of it before taking a break to go out. When he came back in he finished it and then went back to bed. I will try to feed him his other meal later when I'm sitting in front of the TV but I'm certainly not going to push him into eating if he doesn't want to. I'll just keep hoping that he does so I can get more liver into him. I picked up some better vitamins and minerals than I was using they are Holistic Blend from Global and seem to have a better mix of vitamins and minerals than the ones I was using. They also have a higher dose of Iron in them.

I'll post tomorrow with an update Thanks everyone