View Single Post
Old January 9th, 2011, 02:52 PM
Senior Contributor
Originally Posted by hedgiemama View Post
its for my hedgie. they eat cat kibble and they need high protein and low fat. I am crrently feeding Fromm, the chicken kind.
Okay, gotcha. Seeing as I know absolutely nothing about hedgehog diets, take whatever I say with a grain of salt. There is a list showing the protein/fat/carb breakdown of various cat kibbles (it's not all-inclusive though - Fromm isn't on there) but I can't say whether any of the actual ingredients in these foods are appropriate for hedgies (IMO, food should be about more than just the "numbers"):

Based on a quick look at that chart, Royal Canin Calorie Control 38 Protein has the biggest protein to fat ratio. Looking at the Royal Canin website, though, there may be a couple other newer foods with even more protein, like the Indoor Light 40 and the Selective 40 Protein Preference.

But again, I have no idea if the poor quality ingredients of these foods (like rice hulls, gluten, beet pulp, etc) are something to take into consideration.
"To close your eyes will not ease another's pain." ~ Chinese Proverb

“We must not refuse to see with our eyes what they must endure with their bodies.” ~ Gretchen Wyler